May 27, 2014

Inspiration: Color

The days are longer and the weather is finally warmer! With that, it seems like there are showers galore – wedding and baby showers! 

If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you probably saw an article that I reposted from Brides.com showing off some gorgeous poppy bouquets.

Since most of my work is completely custom, that means not only is the design custom, but also the color palate. 

As I mentioned regarding the article from Brides, a lot of my inspiration for custom color palates comes from bouquets.


Sources 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
All of the images you see to the left are images that inspired the color palate for a recent baby shower invitation. 


For this particular baby shower invitation, I knew that I wanted the colors to be vibrant and scream "CELEBRATION!" 


As you can see, I gathered inspiration from a table scape, an outfit, a bouquet, and surprisingly – a tea towel. 


When you are trying to establish a color palate for a party, a wedding, or even printed pieces, keep you eyes open because inspiration is all around you. 


Below is the custom color palate I created to use for the baby shower invitations. As you can see, each of the images on the left inspired the use of teal, pink, and yellow. Though those were the three main colors, I also used various shades of the main colors.


© Copyright 521 Designs
I hope that this post provides you with a resource for inspiration and reminds you to keep your eyes open because you never know when you might find inspiration! 

Source: 521 Designs